Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Revising My GAME Plan

I feel as though I have learned a lot so far that I can use in my classroom based on the goals I had for myself. My first goal was related to facilitating and inspiring student learning. This course has given me many tools and techniques that I can use to motivate and benefit my students. Also, my second goal was related to modeling digital age work and learning. Focusing my time on completing these goals and taking these courses has given myself the opportunity to practice using many technology tools that I would not normally know how to use. I do believe that these two goals that I have for myself will be ones that I continue to work towards. I will continue to look for new ways to teach my students using technology and will continue to become an expert in those tools before teaching my students.

A new goal that I have set for myself is the goal of creating some lessons to teach my students about digital citizenship and responsibility. I think this is an important part of using and teaching students to use technology. I think that all students can learn something about safety no matter what age level they are at. I have gotten some great resources from colleagues and I will look into them a little bit more to plan some lessons for my students.

I am excited to reflect on the learning and progress I have made towards my goals and am pleased with my knowledge and growth.

6 comments:

  1. Mrs. Rogus,
    You seemed that you really got a good grasp on what you are doing for you lessons. You had mentioned that you wanted to get involved with technology and now you have. My only suggestion is to stay with it. Technology is always changing every second and the more familiar you become with it the better you become using it in the classroom. Stay with it and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this class has taught us several ways to facilitate and inspire student learning. This class has provided us with resources and tools to help our students no matter what age or level.
    Teaching digital citizenship is an important goal for you to explore. We must plant that seed early so that our students will respect the technology they are using.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made the same additional goal for myself. I believe as we teach our students about the new technology, we would only be teaching them half the information, if we don't show them how to be responsible and good digital citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, Robin, & Denise,

    Thank you for your comments. James, incorporating technology has definately been a challenge and learning new technology through this class has taken a lot of time and effort. I do see its benefits though and will continue to use it in the best ways possible. Denise, you are right in that if we only teach them the new technology, we are only teaching them half of the information. It is so important to teach them how to be responsible. Robin, I agree that we need to start early with our students because they are beginning to use technology earlier and earlier.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Rogus,

    I am glad to see that you are taking steps towards meeting your goals. I also plan to continue to become an expert at new technology tools before I use them in my classroom. I think becoming an expert first is extremely important when teaching them to others.

    One goal that have similar to yours is that I also want to share new technology tools with other educators. I want to share with them all of the things they can do to enhance their instruction.

    Good luck as you continue to reach towards your goals.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Rogus,

    I like that you have set a new goal to teach students about being safe and responsible on the Internet. Sometimes we focus too much on the applications of the technology and we need to make sure we teach our students how to appropriately use it and to use it responsibly.

    ReplyDelete